|This month eBA-Stats.com® Group SELECTED PAGES||May 2013 Edition|
|in this issue...||Click on the Title to go to THAT Post !|
| • eBA STATS GROUP:
12 ( TWELVE ! ) Sites in English NewsFlash »
• From the "eBA Basketball Statistics System Clinic": About Underrated or Overrated Individual Statistics in Basketball (text) »
• Our MAY 2013 Basketball Coaching Book & DVD eBADVICE: Eleven Rings: The Soul of Success by Phil Jackson and Hugh Delehanty »
• Last Hot Statistics Topics at the Basketball Statistics Creative Analysis FORUMS »
• Basketball Statistics Case Studies: 04/13 Case Study 'Basketball Disqualifying Foul and Pts Scored Tracking CS' Conclusion (text) »
• Basketball Websites eBA Reviews: Scouting America's Top Basketball Programs by HBC Jamie Angeli »
• e-BAsketball Advanced Statistics Debate Blog: Last Posts at the eBA GREAT STATISTICS DEBATE Blog »
• eBA Stats Group of Web Sites Previous News Archive... Who are We ? »
|in the next issue, which will be dated August 31th||Click on the Title to go to THAT Site !|
| • Basketball
Statistics Case Studies: 07/13 Case Study 'About Basketball Statistics Tracking' Conclusion (text) »
• From the "eBA System Clinic": An Article From the eBA Basketball Statistics Analysis System (text) »
• AUGUST 2013 eBA TOP 5 !: First 5 Basketball Coaching Books and DVD in the eBA Ranking »
• You Tube BA Channel: Last Videos Added to our eBA Channel on You Tube ! »
• Last Basketball Statistics Featured Posts at the Basketball Statistics Creative Analysis BLOGS »
• ENCYCLOPEDIA eBA !: Last Basketball and Statistics Terms & Concepts Added »
• Clinics & Courses eBA ONLINE: The 2012 Complete eBA System Course is Available Online ! »
• Our Social & Professional Networks: eBA Stats on Google +, Facebook, Twiter & LinkedIn »
| eBA STATS
12 Sites NewsFlash ...including the newest: The eBA Great DEBATE Blog !
|Click on the SITE to go to THAT Post !|
| eBA Portal:
Basketball LIVE on eBA Stats ~
The NBA Finals Daily LIVE Online on your PC & Laptop
eBA System: The Chapter 'An Unsuccessful Basketball Steal REAL Worth' was Uploaded !
eBA Clinics: eBA Stats Group Graduates 2012/13 eBA Clinic Online opening the Winter / Summer Term !
eBA Encyclopedia: The WIKI Basketball Encyclopedia Working Again in Full Swing After the 'Tiki Consultants Disaster' !
eBA Blogs: Basketball Statistics Concepts: Tracking each Shot Related to the Game Situation & the 'Ceiling Effect'
eBA Forums: Current Hot Topic - Basketball Winning Percentage: Starting Centers Merit More Minutes
eBA Store: Best Seller this MONTH - Roy Williams: All Access North Carolina Basketball Practice 3 Pack DVD with Roy Williams
eBA Facebook: Daily eBA Events Schedule and Access "Tickets" for the events by invitation !
eBA Twitter: All the eBA Articles, Forum Messages, Blog Posts and eBA Great AS Debate Posts on a daily basis !
eBA You Tube: Videos from Roy Williams, John Calipari, Bob Hurley, Tara VanDerveer, Alan Stein, & Mike Krzyzewski uploaded !
eBA Google +: The eBADVICES, Reviews & Recommendations eBA about Basketball Websites, Books & DVDs !
eBA Great DEBATE: Basketball Advanced Or/And/With Conventional Statistics... ! Last Message! 'Education from the H-S Level'
to know ...!
Here we present to you the heading in summary and links of the articles, news and activities of the eBA Stats Group, being able to read the full contents, and watch the videos and photographs online as can be seen below..
• Two Million Views ( 2,000,000 ! ) and Going Strong.. on Our YouTubeBA Channel !
Copyright 1998-2013 eBA-Stats.com®
All rights reserved
Only Journalists and Journalism Companies receiving this Newsletter DIRECTLY from
@eba-stats.com/, are authorized to use and reproduce, in whole or in part, the contents of this Newsletter and those included in the links, provided the source:
eBA Stats Group ~ http://eba-stats.com/ and the author: Prof. Roberto Azar, are acknowledged, not needing prior authorization.
© Further reproduction is strictly prohibited.M
| Our May 2013 RECOMMENDATION !
Eleven Rings: The Soul of Success
by Phil Jackson
and Hugh Delehanty
MJ vs. KB? Here it is from the man who would know best.
"... Michael was more charismatic and gregarious than Kobe. He loved hanging out with his teammates and security guards, playing cards, smoking cigars, and joking around,
Kobe is different. He was reserved as a teenager, in part because he was younger than the other players and hadn't developed strong social skills in college.
When Kobe first joined the Lakers, he avoided fraternizing with his teammates. But his inclination to keep to himself shifted as he grew older.
Increasingly, Kobe put more energy into getting to know the other players, especially when the team was on the
Michael was a tougher, more intimidating defender. He could break through virtually any screen and shut down almost any player with his intense, laser-focused style of defense," said Jackson, who coached Jordan to six championships and Bryant to five.
Kobe has learned a lot from studying Michael's tricks, and we often used him as our secret weapon on defense when we needed to turn the direction of a game. In general, Kobe tends to rely more heavily on his flexibility and craftiness, but he takes a lot of gambles on defense and sometimes pays the price.
Michael was more likely to break through his attackers with power and strength, while Kobe often tries to finesse his way through mass pileups," Jackson wrote. "Michael was stronger, with bigger shoulders and a sturdier frame. He also had large hands that allowed him to control the ball better and make subtle fakes.
Jordan was also more naturally inclined to let the game come to him and not overplay his hand, whereas Kobe tends to force the action, especially when the game isn't going his way. When his shot is off, Kobe will pound away relentlessly until his luck turns. Michael, on the other hand, would shift his attention to defense or passing or setting screens to help the team win the game.
Brooke expected me to get angry and make her feel protected. Instead I suppressed my rage — as I'd been conditioned to do during childhood by my parents … it left her feeling alone and unsupported. (In the end, after filing a report with the police, Brooke chose not to press charges.)
"The Kobe incident triggered all my unprocessed anger and tainted my perception of him. ... It distorted my view of Kobe throughout the 2003-04 season. No matter what I did to extinguish it, the anger kept smoldering in the background
No question, losing Kobe would be a blow to the organization and to me personally ..."
Excerpted from " Eleven Rings: The Soul of Success by Phil Jackson and Hugh Delehanty" by Phil Jackson and Hugh Delehanty.
And also browse this book in an Amazon Books 'limited preview' !
... click here and go to eBA Portal
• Authors: Phil Jackson and Hugh Delehanty
• Format: Book & eBook
• Book Edition Number of Pages: 368 pages ~ 24,3 x 16,5 x 3,04 cm
• File Size: 4605 KB
• Browse Duration in Minutes: 60
• Wireless Delivery: Included within a minute of placing your order
• Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
• Text-to-Speech: Enabled
• X-Ray: Enabled
• Lending: Not Enabled
• Publisher: The Penguin Press
• Publishing Date: NEW ON May 21, 2013
• eBook Edition: NEW ON May 21, 2013
• Book Edition Binding: Hardcover
• Book Edition Shipping Weight: 635 gr
• Language: English
• Also available: In the new eBook edition
Basketball DVDs Catalogue...
| For the eBA TOP 5 RELEVANCE RANKING
in Spanish go to the
eBA Spanish version or ask for the Spanish Version of this NL !
The NEW Basketball Coaching DVDs of THIS MONTH:
• Roy Williams: All Access North Carolina Basketball Practice 3 Pack DVD with Roy Williams
• Tim Floyd: All Access UTEP Basketball Practice 5-Pack DVD with Tim Floyd
• Greg McDermott: All Access Creighton Basketball Practice 4-Pack DVD by Greg McDermott
After a preliminary group analysis, the eBA Team
recommends only the highest quality good basketball books, eBooks and DVDs ! This is our vocation !
Buy With CONFIDENCE and Without INTERMEDIARIES ! Avoid to buy by way of an only email-link to the product... read and examine in detail our reviews, eBA DVICES and recommendations... before ! Thank You !
| eBA Stats BASKETBALL FORUMS
Last Hot Statistics Posts at the eBA FORUMS:
Basketball Winning Percentage Calculation ~ Starting Centers Merit More Minutes ~ 170277 Views
VIDEO Case Study= Basketball Turnovers Analysis & Tracking ~ The Same Mistake Twice ! ~ 163312 Views
• eBA Basketball Statistics Creative Analysis System Chapter X: Basketball REBOUNDS Analysis ~ 1.1 ~ 132832 Views
• These Thread is in Full Registered Members Reserved Boards
Read more at the BASKEBALL STATISTICS FORUMS ...
( ... use the 'Info Center' at the bottom of the eBA Forum to locate the messages ! ... )
| WEBSITES VISITED by eBA TEAM
... websites every basketball coach must know about ...
Scouting Hoops ~ http://www.scoutinghoops.com/ ~
"... Scouting America's Top Basketball Programs has become one of the best selling basketball publications in America and quite possibly the only offensive resource you will ever need! Now you can go beyond the book and join our subscription website service today and take an up-to-date inside look at the X's and O's strategy of some of the best collegiate basketball programs in the country.
Find out what every coach in the world would like to know...what are some of the best coaches in college basketball drawing up on their grease boards during time-outs and half-times? ..."
This exceptional resource for basketball statisticians, scouts, coaches and managers, was founded and is managed by Pro Head Basketball Coach Jamie Angeli.
Highly recommended by the eBA Team !
Visit eBA on Facebook and eBA on Google +, to know about our Weekly eBADVICES !
TOP FIVE +1 Websites Reviewed
and Highly Recommended by eBA Team:
WorldHoopStats ~ http://www.worldhoopstats.com/
Coaching Toolbox ~ http://www.coachingtoolbox.net/
Cory Dobbs Sport Leadership/ ~ http://www.corydobbs.com
20 Second Timeout ~ http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/
The Coaches Clipboard ~ http://www.coachesclipboard.net/
Topics currently being discussed at our always recommended website: Coaching Hoops:
Being a Team Leader; Deny reversal back up top?; Great Idea: 3 teams of five playing full court m2m; Fast Break System; Basketball Drills Toughness Drills; Great Scorers & Defenders; Man-Maker Drill Making your players tougher & the not to be missed 'Thoughts for the Day'!
| e-BAsketball Advanced Statistics Debate Blog
Last Posts at the eBA GREAT DEBATE Blog:
• Need Player´s & Coaches´ Education Still from the H-S Level: Applicability of Linear Algebra and Statistics are Popular
• The Basketball “eye test” Just as Confusing as PER or TS%: The “Advanced Basketball” Metrics are Highly Biased
• In Question with Player Evaluation in the NBA and in Europe
• Advanced Stats Are NOT Different From a Scientific Thesis
• Strengths & Limitations of "Advanced Basketball Statistics"
Read more at the e-BAsketball Advanced Statistics Debate Blog ..
( ... use the 'Blog Archive' on the right in order to search your preferred post at the e-BAsketball Advanced Statistics Debate Blog ! ... )
| Your Attention, Please ! To our
consequent readers of these Newsletters:
The next notes about the eBA Stats Group were still published in previous Newsletters. Thank You !
Stats Group on Twitter !
To be actualized about all our new basketball
statistics articles, notes and researches... follow us in
Group Social & Professional Networks
All rights reserved
|eBA Home > eBA Portal|